Gee. How completely embarassing. Of course, the answer was that the
class simply was not where I said it was...

> Hi,
>
> [ ... snip ... ]
>
> The file <myapp>/myapp-web/WEB-INF/classes/sbd/sd/servlet/cmd/VerifyLogin.class
> exists and is readble.

That was simply a lie. Of course, it was there at one time, but no longer.

I repeatedly ran make, but the makefile assumed classes would be compiled
based on Javc's dependency compiling. But, of course, nothing depended on
that class _because_it_is_dynamically_loaded_!! So, while the make appeared
to copy the required classes over, this one was skipped because it had never
compiled!

Very sorry to waste that bandwidth.

tim.