At 12:06 14.11.00 , you wrote:
> > At 10:03 14.11.00 , you wrote:
> > >Every single one of those calls to dir.getXXX() has to go across
> > >the network via RMI.  This is slow.  You are better off using a
> >
> > well, with orion this is intra-vm so its not that bad ...
>
>Is there proof that Orion does this?  I'm not trying to be a jerk,
>but I'd like to see some numbers on how long a set/get takes for
>a client-to-ejb call and an ejb-to-ejb (same vm) call.

do a getClass().getName() on your ejbobject. will be the same wrapper class
that implements the ejbobject (if you look into the generate code that's
temporarily there on deployment).

anyway, I've never benchmarked but it is orders of magnitude faster than
any rmi stack I've seen. I think there's even an old mail in the archive
from karl that confirms this otiomization because it was one of the first
things I asked (must at least be 10 months ago now).

regards,

robert

>Not even Weblogic optimizes to pass-by-value for intra-vm ejb
>
>calls.  You have to use TopLink to get that optimization.
>Funny though, Weblogic provides a tag in their deployment
>description but it doesn't do anything.
>
>-tim

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de