> "Mark A. Richman" wrote:
>
> What is the difference between WEB-INF and META-INF?  How do these
> directory structures relate to jar, ear, and war files?  Which of
> these is J2EE, and which is Orion-specific?  Maybe I am confusing
> something with Tomcat...
>
> - Mark
BOTH are J2EE.

META-INF contains application specific information in the
application-root/META-INF/application.xml
META-INF in the application-ejb.jar contains the deployment descriptor
for the EJB's contained therein.
WEB-INF in the application-web.WAR (WEb ARchive) should contain web.xml
which describes the web application and should supply informatuion about
the EJB's contained in application-ejb.jar that the web  application
needs to use.
The EAR (Enterprise ARchive) contains both the application-ejb.jar and
the application-web.war files. The EAR file should be a portable
application deployment unit.

sven

Sven E. van 't Veer
http://www.cachoeiro.net
Java Developer                                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]