We seem to be having a problem with RMI connection.  Unfortunately we have
some software here(B2B application called Netfish) that only runs on JRUN
2.3.3 or I-Planet.  This is running on a Sun box running Solaris 2.8.

It has a Java object that acts as a workflow and connects to out Orion 1.3.8
EJB server(Running on Win2K on a PC Server) to get an EJB. When it calls
InitialContext() the first time it works great.  The object does it's job,
closes the context and goes away.  The next time the workflow is called it
gets a socket exception because the socket is still set as CONNECTED instead
of TIMEWAIT on the server with Netfish.  If the same call is done or JRUN
3.0 or BEA's Weblogic server it puts the socket connection back to TIMEWAIT
after the call and it works fine.

We never had a problem with our standalone apps or the web server and I
think that was due to the application closing when it was done.  But the
JRUN server stays up so the socket is not automaticaly set to TIME-WAIT by
the system.  Is this a capability of Orion to leave the connection locked,
and thus do we need to add some code to clode it in a better way than
context.close()?  Or is this a bug that has already been addressed and fixed
in future versions, and if so is there a planned date for a newer stable
release than 1.3.8?

Unfortunately this had really got our Management in a tizzy over the whole
thing and now they don't want to purchase a license until we figure it out
so I can't really gat any infor from the support guys.

Any help here would be great!!!!

Thanx

Greg