According to the J2EE spec, EJB *.jar files need to include ALL necessary classes.  An *.ear file also needs all its available classes in WEB-INF/lib.  Unfortunately, you'll have to put your common classes in both files.  This is very annoying, but it is correct.

-Dan

Alexander Sparkowsky wrote:

I have some problems dealing with the classpathes in orion.

I have a web module and some ejb module. Some classes are used by the web and ejb modules. First I added these classes only to one of  the ejb modules and got a NoClassDefFoundError in the servlet. I then added the class to the web module. I tried both in a .jar file in WEB-INF/lib or as separatefile with no success. Other classes could be loaded from both locations without anyproblems!.
When finally copying all classes to orion/lib my app ran. But this is not the way I like to have it.

Can somebody help?

Alex

--
Daniel G. Koulomzin