Well, I worked on this problem b/c it is something I eventually want to do,
and I am finally able to connect to a remote JMS server.
On the machine running JMS/Orion, you need to edit orion/config/jms.xml.
You need
to change the <jms-server> tag to contain the host that it is running on,
don't just let it default to localhost (127.0.0.1).  Anyways, your tag
should look something like:

<jms-server host="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" port="9127">

Then on the remote machine make sure that in your jndi.properties you are
pointing to that machine as the service provider.

jason