I sent some email to Netcraft asking about any stats they might have on web/app server uptime instead of operating system uptime.  Unfortunately they don't collect that kind of information, nor do they know of anybody else who might be doing that.

So here's a problem that could use some brainpower from people on this list.  Can you figure out a way to track the uptime of an Orion app server -- a generic solution that supported testing Apache and others would be nice, but right now we're focused on Orion.  This assumes that the server workstation does not get rebooted and the site does not change the version of Orion they are currently running -- both of these stats are already tracked by Netcraft.  Personally I don't have any idea how this might be feasible, but we'd all benefit if someone figured it out.

Hitesh

Jeff Schnitzer wrote:

An interesting graph can be found here:

http://uptime.netcraft.com/graph?display=uptime&site=www.orionserver.com

(sorry about the previous chopped message)

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]