>From: Darren Pamatat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
>I like the layout of the complex-or example more so
>than the orion-cmp primer, because it is not required
>to jar it up, and classes can just be recompiled, and
>run (if only I could run something against it). Also,
>what is the difference in the EJB 2.0 CMP and orion
>proprietary CMP.

You're asking about "CMR", container managed relationships, not CMP.
Orion was apparently providing CMR services before there was an EJB2.0,
and the information is maintained in the orion-ejb-jar.xml file.  EJB2.0
allows you to define relationships in the J2EE-standard ejb-jar.xml
file, which Orion then converts to the appropriate definitions in
orion-ejb-jar.xml upon deployment.

So there aren't two different types of CMR; there are just two layers.
Take a look at the documentation for orion-ejb-jar.xml; there is a lot
you (supposedly) can do that is not yet supported by EJB2.0 (like Map
and List types).

Jeff