I guess the discussion was in a Linux environment. The speed issue
(especially development speed) is voiced a lot in Linux circles by PHP
advocates as the number of people in the Linux scene who know PHP far
outnumbers the number of JSP people in there.
Performance of PHP on Linux is likely also a bit better as the Linux JVMs do
not excell where it comes to performance (if only because Linux servers are
generally older, lower spec, machines and  we all know Java does only come
into its own if it has loads of memory).

Jeroen T. Wenting
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Murphy was wrong, things that can't go wrong will anyway