At 14:02 10.01.01 , you wrote:
>I have a question about application server cache.
>The question is as follows:
>
>     If cached rows have been modified by some other tools or dba other than
>app server, can application server can detect the change and refresh cached
>rows with lastest data?

I'm assuming you don't want a general but an orion-specific answer. simple
answer: no

you either set a timeout for the validity of your cached data or you
specify that the server should not cache at all (for both see dtds for
orion-ejb-jar.xml).

HTH

robert

>Jinpeng

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de