I have successfully auto-compiled the servlet(HelloWorld2.java) by following the
instruction in the documentation.

However, I wanted to compile the servlet with JDK 1.3 compiler to compile the servlet
and I did not succeed.

Your documentation says:

"Of course you can also compile the Servlets using your favourite IDE or java
compiler. If you do so you simply put the Servlet class in the WEB-INF/classes
directory of your web application. If you do not want to package your Servlets into a
new web application, you can simply put the classes in
/orion/default-web-app/WEB-INF/classes/ "

I tried to put the HelloWorld2.java under WEB_INF/classes directory. It won't compile.
I got errror mesasges: like:

HelloWorldServlet2.java:2: package javax.servlet does not exist import javax.servlet.*;

I guess the problem is the path... If so can you tell me how to set the path so that
my Java compile can compile the servlet? I am using orion 1.0.1.

Thanks a lot,

Roland