Hi everyone!

I'm progressing... Orion 1.4.7 has support for DataSources in the
orion-console application.
If you select a DataSource, you will see a new panel allowing you to
enter SQL commands that will
be sent directly to the database through the DataSource + connection.

it WORKS in the console. So this implies that :

1. the concept is valid : you don't need to use a driver instance on the
client side, contrary to what
   some of you stated. No JDBC download, nothing... just a proxy
instance implementing the Connection interface
2. the client doesn't need to see the database server on the same
network
3. my datasources are configured PROPERLY on the server side... (I was
always doubting that
        but normal DS, pooled DS, EJB DS etc. all work from my client
(actually only XA won't work now))

SO: since I get perfect access through the console, either

a) I can't do a JNDI lookup! (I doubt that)
b) the DataSource lookup is not working (yet) in 1.4.7
c) OrionConsole uses another method than a simple lookup to get the
DataSource object.

Please everyone, realize this is important for performance issues and
let's try to make it work!

Thanks for your help

Daniel