-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Peter
Delahunty
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 4:57 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: FW: ClassNotFoundExcpetion running xalan extensions under Orion
app s erver

Hi guys

i am having problems now that you may know about.

I am calling xalan from a servlet running under orion which is working ok.
However in the xslt stylesheet that i am running through xalan i call out to
a java class using the xalan extensions mechanism. This xslt works fine when
i run it though the commandline however when i run it under orion, xalan
cannot find the class. The class is in the <my-app>/web-inf/classes
directory (standard place for classes accessed by a servlet).

I can see the class from the servlet that calls xalan but xalan throws a
"ClassNotFoundException" when it trys to load the classes.

Do you know where my classes need to be in this situation. I looked though
the source of xalan an it seems to use the ContextClassLoader to load the
classes. Does this conflict with orion's class loader.

comments...

regards peter