I get the following error using Orion 1.4.7 w/ JDK 1.3 on Redhat.

Error creating jsp-page instance: java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
__jspPage11_register_regstep2_jsp, method: _jspService signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRespo
nse;)V) Illegal target of jump or branch

It is due to a large JSP file (mainly due to a lot of tags, not a lot of
logic).  If I start eliminating some of the tags (doesn't matter which ones)
the problem goes away.

I've tried increasing my JVM heap. No luck.

Where is this limitation coming from? My JVM? Orion?

The only way to get around it that works is by writing taglibs to eliminate
the amount of code in the JSP.  Any other suggestions?