I don't know about everyone else, but I had a real difficult time getting
started with Orion (coming from WebLogic).  It seemed like I was stumped at
every turn.  I know there are a few tutorials, but I found them difficult to
follow.  Plus, I would rather use standard utilities like Sun's deploytool,
rather than something like Ant.

I really like Orion and I would hate to see people turned off from it just
because they can't get it to work right away.  For newbies, it's really more
of a problem with the complexity of J2EE than anything Orion-specific, or at
least it seems that way to me.  For us WebLogic users, it is because we are
used to the very non-standard way WebLogic does things. ;)  That is why I
decided to write up my own little Orion tutorial.  For now, it can be found
at the following URL:

http://www.4degreez.com/intro.html

I wanted to write a tutorial that even a J2EE newbie could follow.  It shows
how to use Sun's deploytool to assemble the application, followed by the
ultra-simple instructions for deploying it on Orion.

I just typed it up now, and tested the code.  But it's definately a little
sloppy in some places, and I hope I got all the terminology right.  I was
hoping some of you could take a look and comment, and then eventually maybe
it could be posted on orionsupport.  I tried to copy their style a bit.  I
intend to write a Part 2 to this tutorial, explaining helper classes and how
to connect to Oracle...which is another common question here, and one that
I've asked about myself!

Well, what do you think?