In the archive I've found the following:

>From:    Larry Velez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Orion as a Win2000 service
>
>I am running Orion as a service using the following RunSvcExe script:
>
>Note that jvmi.exe (http://www.kcmultimedia.com/jvmi/) is necessary because
>of a bug (or feature) in Win32 Java that does not allow you to log out of
>the machine while Orion is running.  This defeats the whole purpose of
>running Orion as a service.
>
>#######
># This script runs OrionServer as a service
>#
>
>JAVA_HOME=d:\jre\1.3
>ORION_HOME=d:\orion
>
># set up java run-time stuff
>exe=$JAVA_HOME$\bin\hotspot\jvmi.exe
>
># RunExeSvc variables
>
>debug=false            # if true, RunExeSvc will show internal status
>home=$ORION_HOME$     # the starting dir of the service
>
># Running as an http server.
>cmdline=$exe$ (****YOUR ORION COMMAND LINE HERE****)
>##########

My question is that how can it work? It seems that JVMI does not support
.JAR files(?).
I've created a .Cmd file (not sure about those scripts, but should do the
same):

REM #######
REM # This script runs OrionServer as a service
REM #

SET JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3
SET ORION_HOME=c:\orion

REM # set up java run-time stuff
SET exe=%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\hotspot\jvmi.exe

REM # RunExeSvc variables

SET debug=true            # if true, RunExeSvc will show internal status
SET home=%ORION_HOME%     # the starting dir of the service

REM # Running as an http server.
REM cmdline=$exe$ (****YOUR ORION COMMAND LINE HERE****)
%exe% -jar orion.jar

But it does not work:

C:\orion>REM #######
C:\orion>REM # This script runs OrionServer as a service
C:\orion>REM #
C:\orion>SET JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3
C:\orion>SET ORION_HOME=c:\orion
C:\orion>REM # set up java run-time stuff
C:\orion>SET exe=c:\jdk1.3\jre\bin\hotspot\jvmi.exe
C:\orion>REM # RunExeSvc variables
C:\orion>SET debug=true            # if true, RunExeSvc will show internal
status
C:\orion>SET home=c:\orion     # the starting dir of the service
C:\orion>REM # Running as an http server.
C:\orion>REM cmdline=$exe$ (****YOUR ORION COMMAND LINE HERE****)
C:\orion>c:\jdk1.3\jre\bin\hotspot\jvmi.exe -jar orion.jar

jvmi.exe 1.1 - (C)2000 by Bill Giel/KCMDG
Java 1.3 VM Invoker (which traps LOGOFF events)

* Evaluation Version - for licensing information *
* contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 *

Cannot find main class.

Any ideas?
(Maybe the problem is trivial...)

Thank you in advance,