Ok,

> there is no superclass since InitialContextFactory is an interface which is
> implemented
> by ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory directly (so every vendor provides
> his
> own InitialContextFactoryClass...)

Can you show that part of your code? Perhaps you can do smthng like this:

   // Perhaps this one is read from a configuration somehow
   String factoryClassName =
"com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory";

   InitialContextFactory factory;

   try {
      Class c = Class.forName(factoryClassName);
   } catch (Throwable t) {
      System.err.println("Unable to load initial context factory " + factoryClassName
".");
      t.printStackTrace();
   }

> It should work like this: when the class is needed it should be loaded by
> the class
> loader over the net (this is a basic principle of JNDI: load the "driver"
> which is
> needed for current application, if not already installed on the client).

Well, perhaps you're referencing the driver from your code, and perhaps you
should try loading the class explicitly with the Class.forName() call?

HTH, just my $ 0.02.

--
Ernst