Stefan,

Are you sure about the InitialContext class being loaded over the network?
I have never heard of that before, and was not aware that JNDI supported
this feature. Can you point to any documentation of the feature?

I have always understood that the JNDI properties pointed to the class to
be used, and that the class had to be accessible via the ClasPath.

thanks,
tim.