Title: SV: need help getting started

IMHO,
Orion is a better choice than Tomcat at this moment, even if just using JSP/Servlets.
Im still waiting for some benchmarks to show me that Tomcat has matured and can be compared to the other application servers.

As far as being the Reference Implementation, it has a history of not following the specification. Although this is hopefully not the case today.

Again, this is my opinion, it doesnt have to be anyone elses :)

WR