This error message occurs when I have an application-client.xml without any
ejb-ref entities in there and orion server has been restarted prior to start
up of client.  The second time around client works correctly.

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException: Disconnected:
Unknown c
ommand: 7
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.RMIContext.lookup(JAX)
        at com.evermind.naming.jz.lookup(JAX)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:350)
        at com.indnet.model.user.test.Client.main(Client.java:22)

If on the other hand, I put a reference to the bean that the client is using
into the application-client using ejb-ref, I get the following exception
when the client first starts up after orion restart:

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException: Error reading
application-client descriptor: No location specified and no suitable
instance of the type 'com.indnet.model.IdSession' found for the ejb-ref
com.indnet.model.Id
        at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext
(JAX)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:668)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:178)
        at
com.indnet.model.common.InitialContextFinder.getContext(InitialContextFinder
.java:27)
        at
com.indnet.model.common.InitialContextFinder.getInitialContext(InitialContex
tFinder.java:13)
        at com.indnet.model.user.test.Client.main(Client.java:17)

The second time I run the client, it works!  What's going on?

-AP_