Hi Patrick
   Just go thru the addressbook example provided in
the Orion CMP Primer within the documentation link on
www.orionserver.com site......what u get from
coolection is RMI objects that have to be collected in
an array and when u iterate thru the array u pick out
each rmi object and invoke its getID method to give u
the correct id......a unique one if UNIQUE index is
set or if its primary key..........
  I have a field by datatype NUMBER as i use Oracle
8.0i and its corresponding mapping field is
java.lang.Long ......i don;t see any problem in
mapping
  well try using Long istead of long

--- Patrik Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>