Use java's runtime memory options to configure (-Xm -Xs).

-AP_

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of McLellan,
Richard
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 7:23 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Cc: Hogan, John
Subject: Orion Memory Configuration

Hello all,
        I am having a problem when stress testing Orion.
        I get an out of Memory error from orion.  I am running a sun 420R
with 2GB RAM with 2 - 500Mhz Processors.  As far as the system is concerned
there is still 1.7GB RAM available for use when orion dies.  I am simulating
5000 users hitting the site at once and as soon as about 64MB of ram is used
I get "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread" I
have tried starting Orion with the command "java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar
orion.jar" to try to allocate more memory to java from the machine and I
still get the same error at the same 64MB memory usage mark.
        Is there a Memory setting in orion that is limiting the orion server
that I am missing.  If this is a default setting somewhere I hope someone
else has run into this.  I have looked at the archives and there are a few
pages of out of memory errors but None where there was still memory
available on the system.
        I am using the Microsoft Web Application Stress 1.1, the same
product used by orion to benchmark the server.  I have 5 clients set up to
distribute the load of user simulation and I am only hitting one jsp page.
Thanks
Rich