I've been working with iPlanet App Server 6.0 at a client site for about 3
months now and we're been trying to get their global transaction support to
work lately, alas to no avail.  I was wondering if Orion has a Transaction
Manager that will handle global transactions?  I've looked at the JTA spec a
bit and it seems that the implementation of the transaction service is a bit
foggy.  They talk about global transactions in quite a bit of detail in the
JTA spec.  I'd like to try to use Orion to solve some of our XA
protocol/resource manager problems with Oracle 8i.  Any thoughts and/or
comments would be greatly welcomed.

-- chris bartling --

BTW, the decision to use iPlanet was my client's, not mine.  Oh how I wish
we could move to some like Orion or jBoss.