Randahl Fink Isaksen wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation. We've thought about Interbase. I browsed
through Borland's web pages which were really not that informative and I got
an impression that *development* use with Interbase is free but *production*
use would be under commercial license... That was why we didn't consider it at
this time. Or was I totally wrong and Interbase is free for all uses?

I am just exploring SapDB. Got the RPMs installed and I'm now browsing through
the PDF documentation, which is a bit confusing (is there an HTML version
somewhere of these docs? Acroread under Linux doesn't behave well with my
Netscape). I cannot find a "beginner's tutorial" anywhere, I mean information
like how to start / stop the service, how to start the gui and so on. Any help
appreciated :)

Cheers,
Peter