At 14:45 05.04.2001 , you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>perhaps a little bit misplaced here...
>
>    SAB DB == Adabas
>is this right?

same basis but not the same at all. as a long time adabas user you will
recognize many things.

SAPDB is somehow Adabas D with much fewer wrinkles.
- better tools
- better mailing list support (great team at SAP labs, very helpful people)
- better jdbc driver (not compatible to adabas btw.)
- limits on column sizes etc. are not as tight
- faster judging by what we have seeen so far

we are just in the process of switching from Adabas D to SAPDB and so far
it feels and works great with orion CMP. we have switched some production
systems over to SAPDB a week ago and didn't experience any significant
problems.

HTH

robert

>thanks
>    klaus
>
>Am Donnerstag,  5. April 2001 14:01 schrieben Sie:
> > I always like to pitch SapDB, because like Interbase, SAP DB, from
>    [...]
>
>--
>Klaus Thiele - Personal & Informatik AG
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>  "Your mouse has moved.
>   Windows must be restarted for the change to take effect."

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de