Hi,

We're using a component in our sw, and that needs a config XML file.
The following method is used currently:

java -Dsomeparam=path-to.xml -jar orion.jar

We don't have to source, and it's working ok

I''ve tried to put this into web-inf/web.xml (into EAR in WAR of course)
like this:
[..]
<web-app>

  <context-param>
    <param-name>someparam</param-name>
    <param-value>path-to.xml</param-value>
  </context-param>
[..]

But it's not working. We're using absolute pathnames on WinNT
(like C:\dir\dir2\this.xml). so it's not a problem of "where is this
relative filename starts"

Does anybody know how to solve this? It's not very elegant to deploy an app
an use -D options, I think, is it.

It would be nice to take a look at a working solution or hear some comments
on this.

Thank you in advance,
Adam