In addition, check the tutorial out at www.4degreez.com/intro_part_1.html
and www.4degreez.com/intro_part_2.html.

-----Original Message-----
From: SCOTT FARQUHAR [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 12:44 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: How to start EJB development using Orion?

references that might be a help include:

Sun's j2ee specification
Servlet 2.2 spec
JSP 1.1 spec

I find that tutorials at
www.jollem.com
www.orionsupport.com
are excellent.

AFAIK all you need to do to inform orion of the existance of those files is
to edit server.xml, to point to your root dir.
eg.

         <application name="taglib-test" path="..\applications\taglib-test"
/>

You need application.xml in meta-inf.  This is what you must inform orion
of....  Application.xml contains references to your modules.

eg.
<application>
     <display-name>Tag Tutorial</display-name>
     <module>
          <web>
               <web-uri>taglib-test-web</web-uri>
               <context-root>/</context-root>
          </web>
     </module>
   <module>
      <ejb>ejbdemo-ejb</ejb>
   </module>
</application>

And the directory structure

/
/meta-inf/
/meta-inf/application.xml
/taglib-test-web/
/taglib-test-web/web-inf/
/taglib-test-web/web-inf/web.xml
/ejbdemo-ejb/
/ejbdemo-ejb/meta-inf/
/ejbdemo-ejb/meta-inf/ejb-jar.xml

This is a quick overview (and may contain errors and omissions)  Try the
tutorials on orionsupport and jollem.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/09/01 12:50pm >>>
Hi all --

   I'm new to EJB development, and am trying to start with Orion Server, but
I'm having the hardest time figuring out how to even begin.  I've written a
bean and all the interfaces, which are all sitting in class files in the
c:\java directory.  I created a META-INF directory off of that, and created
an ejb-jar.xml file in there.
   However, I can find *no* information about how to inform Orion about the
existence of these files.  I was trying to follow
http://www.orionserver.com/tutorials/ejbtutorial.html, but it references a
config/ejb.xml file which simply doesn't exist.  I'm guessing it's old.
   Is there a simple step-by-step explanation of which files need to be
modified, in what order, and what else I need to do to start doing
development work?  Am I better off just using a better (i.e. better
supported and more completely documented) appserver?

-- Chris