Ok, I'll bite.

Orion is not an open source product and probably never will be.  The fact
that it is free for development purposes and remarkably inexpensive for
deployment shouldn't alter your perception of (a) the ownership and
proprietary nature of the code, or (b) the quality of the product.

MySQL is a quick and dirty database.  It has a number of glaring omissions
compared to most grown-up RDBs (transactions and sub-selects to name but
two), and there are better open source products out there (Interbase and
PostgreSQL spring to mind) for scalability, robustness, data integrity,
yada yada yada.  Therefore not the ideal companion for a product built to
support a technology that is all of these things.

Use a kiddie database if you must, but please don't inflict it on the rest
of us!

Cheers,
Dan/tastapod

ps. LogicSphere - mmm - can't wait!

--
Dan North
VP Development  -  Cadrion Technologies Ltd  -  +44 (0)20 7440 9550

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store
or copy the information in any medium