Hello Mike,

Try using this orion-web.xml.
The persistence-path is not specified by default, so you need to
declare it. This is the place where sessions are persisted across
server restarts.

<orion-web-app
        deployment-version="1.4.5"
        persistence-path="session"

</orion-web-app>

MNC> subject: orion not replicating session information

MNC> Hello.  We have been experimenting with clustering orion servers and were
initially successful.  We started the load balancer, got our servers registered with
it, and tested it using the
MNC> servlet/SessionServlet program.  Everything worked as it should.  We modified the
SessionServlet app to print the ip of the server it was running from.  We had it count
to 5, then we shut down
MNC> the server, clicked refresh and the servlet went up to 6 on a different server.
Perfect.

MNC> The problem is that when we moved the session servlet to one of our other
application directories, it no longer updated to 6, it started at 1 again.  Why does
orion replicate state only for
MNC> applications in the default-web-app directory and not anywhere else?  We tried
adding <cluster-config/> to the orion-web.xml file (in the application-deployment
directory) of our other apps and
MNC> it still doesn't work.  Here is a snip of our default-web-site.xml file:

MNC> <web-site host="ivan" port="8080" cluster-island="1" display-name="Default Orion
WebSite">
MNC>  <!-- The default web-app for this site, bound to the root -->
MNC>  <default-web-app application="default" name="defaultWebApp" />

MNC>  <frontend host="ivan" port="80" />

MNC>  <web-app application="Test3" name="Test3-web" root="/Test3" />
MNC>  <web-app application="eservices" name="eservices-web" root="/eservices" />
MNC>  <web-app application="sessions" name="sessions-web" root="/sessions" />
MNC>  <web-app application="sessions2" name="sessions2-web" root="/sessions2" />

MNC> We have installed orion at a client site and need to get clustering working
correctly within the next week.  Anyone else successfully set up clustering.  Any
tips?  See anything we're missing?

--
Best regards,
 Rafael                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]