subject: orion not replicating session information

Hello.  We have been experimenting with clustering orion servers and were initially successful.  We started the load balancer, got our servers registered with it, and tested it using the servlet/SessionServlet program.  Everything worked as it should.  We modified the SessionServlet app to print the ip of the server it was running from.  We had it count to 5, then we shut down the server, clicked refresh and the servlet went up to 6 on a different server.  Perfect.

The problem is that when we moved the session servlet to one of our other application directories, it no longer updated to 6, it started at 1 again.  Why does orion replicate state only for applications in the default-web-app directory and not anywhere else?  We tried adding <cluster-config/> to the orion-web.xml file (in the application-deployment directory) of our other apps and it still doesn't work.  Here is a snip of our default-web-site.xml file:

<web-site host="ivan" port="8080" cluster-island="1" display-name="Default Orion WebSite">
 <!-- The default web-app for this site, bound to the root -->
 <default-web-app application="default" name="defaultWebApp" />

 <frontend host="ivan" port="80" />

 <web-app application="Test3" name="Test3-web" root="/Test3" />
 <web-app application="eservices" name="eservices-web" root="/eservices" />
 <web-app application="sessions" name="sessions-web" root="/sessions" />
 <web-app application="sessions2" name="sessions2-web" root="/sessions2" />

We have installed orion at a client site and need to get clustering working correctly within the next week.  Anyone else successfully set up clustering.  Any tips?  See anything we're missing?  We will provide any info you require.

Thanks for your time.

Michael N. Christoff
Developer, Eldan Software, Ltd.
Toronto, Canada