This is a perfect application for an EJB 2.0 home method.  Call the
finder from within the home method and filter the results.

Basically, you put in your Home interface:

public Collection thisIsAHomeMethod() throws RemoteException;

and you put in your implementation class:

public Collection ejbHomeThisIsAHomeMethod()
{
}

No need to add anything to the deployment descriptor.  If you want to
secure access, you can require different security roles for the finder
vs. the home method.

Jeff Schnitzer

www.theserverside.com for
> lots of information and discussions of EJB module design.

The facade-approach is no option, because someone could bypass that
facade
and use the home interface directly. (Everybody must be able to access
my
JNDI - thus everybody has access to the Home-Interfaces too).

It would be cool, if I could hook the cmp-finder-Method in some way. Is
that
possible? Such a callback-solution would solve my problem.

Armin Michel

PS: Meanwhile I will have a look at theserverside.com