From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Kalle Anka
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2001 4:45 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Q:CMP Primer and Oracle 8.1.7 deployment

Hi all,
I'm trying to deploy the CMP Primer (running on Win2000) using an Oracle 8.1.7 database on a Solaris box. Everything works fine if I use the default database provided by Orion (Hypersonic ??). The table is created according to the extremly good example. But when I change the data-sources.xml into the following, the table is not created (I removed the hypersonic and added the Oracle one, so only one entry).

 <data-source
   class="com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource"
    name="Oracle"
    schema="database-schemas/oracle.xml"
    location="jdbc/OracleCoreDS"
    xa-location="jdbc/xa/OracleXADS"
    ejb-location="jdbc/OracleDS"
    connection-driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
    username="scott"
    password="tiger"
    url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl"
    inactivity-timeout="30"
  />

So, I turned on the debugging information for JDBC, but no errors:

C:\orion>java -Ddatasource.verbose=true -jar orion.jar Auto-deploying addressbook (New server version detected)...
DataSource logwriter activated...
jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl: Started
jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl: Started
Auto-deploying addressbook-ejb.jar (No previous deployment found)...
Created new physical connection: XA XA Orion Pooled jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl
null: Connection XA XA Orion Pooled jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl allocated (Pool size: 0)
jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl: Opened connection Created new physical connection: Pooled oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection@ece70d1a
Pooled jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl: Connection Pooled or
acle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection@ece70d1a allocated (Pool size: 0)
Pooled jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl: Releasing connection
 Pooled oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection@ece70d1a to pool (Pool size: 1)
null: Releasing connection XA XA Orion Pooled jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunprod:1521:orcl to pool (Pool size: 1)
done.
Orion/1.4.5 initialized

Anyone got a clue why this is happening, or have I missed something ???

//Kalle