Hi,
Yes scott can create tables (connect,resource and dba)
Yes I can log on to the box run sqlplus and connect as scott, both from the
development PC and locally on the box.
Yes Net8 is running properly, I wrote a small servlet that uses JDBC to
create and read tables and that on is working fine.
Yes, the port is 1521

So, perhaps someone know a way to debug whats going on ?

Thanks