Since you have changed databases, you should get rid of all of the
serialization that orion may have saved about the old configuration
(including maybe the flag that tells orion that cmp beans have already
created their table).

The easiest way to do this is just blow away the application directory in
application-deployments (of course, after you have shutdown orion). If you
have no other applications, you can just blow away the whole
application-deployment directory.

There is also an admin.jar command to do this....but I have never used it.

Otherwise, if the table is not created....there's something under the hood
that's broken, because this works everyday and sunday.

You have done all of the checks to make sure the you can connect and create
tables from orion...so there is some other issue that is causing this. My
bet is on the bad serialization...if not, its got to be a bug.

Here's the console from a proper auto-deployment (this is from the
tutorial):

Auto-unpacking
/usr/home/ernst/addressbook/addressbook/build/addressbook.ear... done.
Auto-deploying addressbook...
Auto-deploying addressbook-ejb.jar (No previous deployment found)...
Auto-creating table: create table addressbook_ejb_AddressEntry (name char
(255) not null primary key, address char (255), city char (255))
done.
Orion/1.2.7 initialized

I noticed that your console trace didn't have the un-packing bit. It could
be that when you change databases, you have to redo the whole auto-deploy
cycle to get the table to recreate. Since the table columns are exactly the
same, orion doesn't recreate the table...even though the database has
changed. I am not sure that this functionality would be a bug, or a
undocumented *feature* ;).

Regards,

the elephantwalker