then again, you could build your own ISAPI filter
-----Original Message-----
From: Lachezar Dobrev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Miércoles, 30 de Mayo de 2001 6:36
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: proxying orion with IIS or iPlanet Web Server

   Frankly?
   Apache is better connected to Tomcat... Faster, and there is no need for those... URL rewrites and so on... Also... I can have the users authenticated at the apache side. I get the username and security things from the apache directly.
   Quite handy you know... Orion is not so good at handling Apache requests. and if you plan to use prive IPs (like having Apache run on the firewall machine...) than you'll be very sorry... Like I was, because there is a SIGNIFICANT delay while Apache servers the requests, I'm not sure why. I guess it's something to do with the DNS resolving... However... Having Win2k as a firewall/router/Apache server is not the best solution... Believe me. If it was to me... I'll get a SlackWare to do the server job... But it's not up to me... :(

   Tomcat uses some different protocol to serve requests to Apache (APJ). Well... You can still use Tomcat as HTTP request server, but... Better not :) same goes to Orion.

   May the shade of the tree strengthen you.