Hi Alex,

I've also disabled, that orion deploy's my ear into a specific deployment
directory. This I've done by removing the attribute 'application_deployment'
from the element 'application-server' in 'ORION_HOME/config/server.xml'.

Hope this helps.

Regards
        Steffen...

> "Alex Coyle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I found your question on the orion-interest mailing list, and I have a
> similar problem!
>
> I am also building a ear file with an 'orion-application.xml' file in
> the root 'META-INF' folder for the ear archive. I have added a <library>
> element specifying the relative path to the 'lib' folder
> ('the_unpacked_war/WEB-INF/lib').
>
> On deployment into Orion I see the following message from orion:
>
> Copying default deployment descriptor from archive at
> E:\Programs\orion1.4.5\px2/META-INF/orion-application.xml to deployment
> directory E:\Programs\orion1.4.5\application-deployments\px2...
>
> However, when I try & view jsp files, the jar files in 'WEB-INF/lib' are
> still not found.
>
> Could you please send me a copy of the 'orion-application.xml' you are
> including in the root 'META-INF' folder of your ear archive?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Alex Coyle.

> Alex Coyle
>
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> WWW: http://www.looksmart.co.uk
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've a 'war' with a servlet. All needed jars and classes for the
> servlet
> >resists under 'WEB-INF/lib' in the war-file, but orion doesn't find it
> >automatically.
> >My workaround is to build an 'ear' and in the root 'META-INF' I put an
> >'orion-application.xml' with an element <library> which explicitely
> >includes the library path.
> >
> >The library path is 'the_unpacked_war/WEB-INF/lib'. But IMHO I think
> that all
> >classes and jars in the WEB-INF/lib directory should by found
> automatically by
> >the servlet container. Am I wrong? I've overlooked something?
> >
> >Regards
> >        Steffen...

Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]