dear all,

there has been a recent post on this but no solution posted.
i've got some more info on the problem.

can the developers of orion or anyone else let me know
if anyone has successfully set up an ssl orion cluster?

i can:
- set up clustering
- set up ssl

...but not both together.

some clues.

1. on orionserver.com there is doco for load-balancer.xml that
    suggests loadbalancer.jar can be given SSL keystore information.
    does this mean that a clustered SSL setup requires loadbalancer
    to share the same keystore as each box in the cluster?

2. how do you set the web-site.xml for a clustered secure app.

    you can't have both the loadbalancer + your secure app
    both running on port 443 on the same box, so what do you
    do?
        i) run loadbalancer on another port?
        ii) run your app on another port?
            - the orion doco says that when your app needs to
              be made secure you should add a secure="true"
              attribute to the web-site element of the web-site.xml
              plus remove the port attribute.

if someone has made this work i'd be grateful for any information,
or if you couldn't be bothered explaining how to do it, just maybe
forward me your server.xml, loadbalancer.xml, web-site.xml and
i'll work it out from that.

thanks.
greg.