RE:  First, hsql has been hand-changed and now SourceForge is taking care of
it...

Link is http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net

or

http://www.hsqldb.org

Now, the above observation by Mr. Kumar is not entirely true.  The author of
hsql/HypersonicSQL, Thomas Mueller, was maintaining his code at SourceForge
for 6 months while he tried to get other developers interested.  Now, the
original hsql is a lapsed project (it's creator/maintainer transferred the
code from http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsql to hsqldb under the same
license) and hsqldb is maintaining the original codebase, while expanding on
Thomas' extraordinary work.

Ironflare and OrionServer's authors, however have included hsql in
OrionServer, so you don't need to download it.  The OrionServer creators
have also included a guide to use hsql in the 'docs' directory of the
Orionserver download, calling it 'hsql-howto.html'  One correction to that
doc:  do your download from  http://ftp1.sourceforge.net/hsqldb/hsql_143.zip
.  This is the latest (although not the last) version of hsql, v.1.43  It is
a complete download, including documentation.  If all you want is the .jar
file, that will be available soon in our files section at:

You're welcome to use hsqldb, but I would suggest holding off if you are a
beginner, until you are more familiar with data sources and the Orion way of
doing things.

All others in the Orion community are welcome to contribute to the
hsqldb/hsql community as they have time/inclination.

Oh, and a VERY hearty 'Congratulations!' and 'Well done!' to the folks at
IronFlare, for their victory in assisting the Oracle corporation in seeing
the light!

Michael J. Cannon
PM/COO - hsqldb.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]