I also ran into this problem. I think this is a bug
with Orion. Each application deployed to Orion should
get its own unique classloader, which is distinct not
only from all other applications, it is also distinct
from the classloader that Orion uses for itself.

Vimal
--- Mark Kettner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> :Hello all,
>
> In our web application we use an old version of
> xerces. We deploy the
> application with xerces.jar in the
> WEB-INF/lib directory.
> However, when the application is started we get the
> error:
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
>        at

org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:118)
>        at

com.fredhopper.frob.question.QuestionManager.loadQuestions(QuestionManager.java:163)
>        at

com.fredhopper.frob.question.QuestionManager.loadQuestions(QuestionManager.java:78)
>        at

com.fredhopper.frob.FredEngine.init(FredEngine.java:373)
>        at

com.fredhopper.frob.FredEngine.startingUp(FredEngine.java:138)
>        at

com.fredhopper.jsp.Bridge$EngineInServletContainer.fredhopper(Bridge.java:837)
>        at

com.fredhopper.jsp.Bridge$EngineInServletContainer.run(Bridge.java:779)