BEA and Websphere, or the high priced databases like Oracle, I have more
options to choose from.  And if the third party support is no good, I can
pick another third party support candidate and try them out.
*       From: Michael J. Cannon
*       Subject: Re: I think, I will start a support site too....
*       Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:34:58 -0700

I personally think third-party support sites are a good thing.  All of them
I have seen so far are primarily commercial in nature, in order to counter
the complaints of the corporate users that there was no 'credible support.'
It's capitalism in action:  see a need in the market and meet it.

...as to what the maillist runs, it really doesn't matter.  All websites go
down...Hotmail, Yahoo, even Slashdot...the rumor - never confirmed - was
that it did indeed run on Orionserver.  So what?  Now you have another place
to go when it is down (the new support sites).

...and if Orion is good enough for you to run a web site - (and it is:
http:/www.standardset.com/ )
well, it should be good enough for Orion, especially since they developed it
and this is one of the 'load and valence test platforms (if it does indeed
run on Orion) for the product.

Finally, the more info the merrier, and, given the levels of interest and
participation by the people who have started these support sites and the
support they have shown everyone on this maillist, I don't think any of us
are going to suffer.

Michael J. Cannon