It sounds like Struts (like many projects from jakarta) has broken
classloading. You can print out the current classloader in Orion from any
class to see what paths are included. These consist of:

paths specified in orion-application.xml via <library path="lib" />
jar/zip files in orion/lib
jar/zip files in mywebapp/WEB-INF/lib

or if your app is packed into a .ear, Class-Path entries in MANIFEST.MF