Hello.
   I had the same problem.
   It was because of the browser.

   JSP location: http://myserver.com/Init.jsp

   The JSP redirected to the Servlet after it does it's job. BUT!
   The redirection went to:
   http://www.myserver.com/servlet/MyServlet
   The browser (IE) did not recognize this to be the same server and
restarted the sessionID.
   So Orion thinks it is a different client.

   Test: try to access the JSP via: http://www.myserver.com/Init.jsp
   Then the redirect should work.
   Another problem is, that the Session cookie is bound to a start location:
   Cookie: JSessionID=1235r4123; path=/RootContextPath.
   Again the browser dows not recognize this cookie to be sent, when you try
to access /servlet/*
   That is why I was forced to use filters, so that
/RootContextPath/MyServletService/* was bound to MyServlet, and it worked.

   Try these things. They might help.
   Additional info is required for further investigation.

   May the shade of the tree strengthen you.

   Lachezar.