The docs are on their way, hopefully I get it out today.
I would like to add the following information to the info given below:

1) We have an example RP that you can use for this kind of resource:
http://www.orionserver.com/interfaces/ContextScanningResourceProvider.java

2) You only need to edit the message-driven-deployment tag if your
application would use more than one resouce providers for the same resource.
The first Resource Provider added to provide a certain resource will become
the default for this resource.

3) To utilize a RP outside of an MDB, look the RP up with something like:
java:comp/resource/providerName/resourceName
Where providerName is the name of the Resource-Provider and resourceName is
the name of a resource this Resource-Provider provides.

WR