Like others on this list, I don't share your problem.  I redeploy the entire EAR using Ant, and the redeploy process for our project takes less than ten seconds.  Your project might be larger than mine, at this point, but not so much that it should cause the kind of delay you're finding.

I don't know much about JDeveloper, but once your project is compiled, you should be able to place it in the applications directory and have Orion deploy it rapidly, without restarting Orion, assuming Orion's configured appropriately.

    - Geoffrey
-----Original Message-----
From: Gustavo Comba [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 11:34 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Very Long Deployment Time

Hello,

    I'm deploying a little project with a Client Application Module and a EJB Module with several EJB (about 30 Entity and 5 Session Beans). I'm using JDeveloper 9i Release Cantidate to develop/deploy my project.

    My project compiles very fast, but when I do the deployment, it take a very long time (about 10 minutes). I'm debugging now, and I'm deploying continously, and it's very anoying!

    There is something I can do to accelerate the deployment proccess? Can I copy the .ear file directly into the "applications" directory and start the server again? Help me please!

    Thanks in advance,

            Gustavo Comba

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp