Hello Igor, Brent & Jeff (and everyone else ;-),

thanks again for your quick reply! - and
thanks for your http-redirect help!

Now I found another simple solution for setting up a servlet as a root
of a web-application. I just define my servlet in the
web.xml and map it to the url-pattern "*":

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>
<web-app>
        <!-- Loadbalancer-definition: -->
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>Loadbalancer</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>com.scaraboo.servlet.Loadbalancer</servlet-class>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>cfg_file</param-name>
                        <param-value>Loadbalancer.cfg</param-value>
                </init-param>
        </servlet>
        <!-- map the Loadbalancer to any url coming in:  -->
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>Loadbalancer</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

The drawback of this method is, that now _only_ the servlet can be
invoked within this instance of orion - nothing else! But for our
purposes this is just fine.

greetings
      Rob

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
  Robert Virkus
  Director Mobile Solutions

--
Robert Virkus
scaraboo GmbH

----------------------------
Aus Rechts- und Sicherheitsgruenden ist die in dieser E-Mail gegebene
Information nicht rechtsverbindlich. Eine rechtsverbindliche Bestaetigung
reichen wir Ihnen gerne auf Anforderung in schriftlicher Form nach. Beachten
Sie bitte, dass jede Form der unautorisierten Nutzung, Veroeffentlichung,
Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser E-Mail nicht gestattet
ist. Diese Nachricht ist ausschliesslich fuer den bezeichneten Adressaten
oder dessen Vertreter bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat
dieser E-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit dem
Absender der E-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen.
For legal and security reasons the information provided in this e-mail is
not legally binding. Upon request we would be pleased to provide you with a