I think orion  finds out your database doest suport this feature or its
not yet implemented for this db in orion. Exclusive-write-access default
is set to true, so i beleive that orion resets it cause its not
available.Otherwise be sure you remove orion-ejb-jar.xml before you
deploy and make sure the one you deploy in your ejb.jar META-INF is
valid . At deployment you should see a message about orion copying the
orion-ejb-jar.

I hope this helps

David Plante