Greg Doudna offered an interpretative choice between his view of
Biblical Hebrew usage and an alternative which is "unrelated," "wholly
innovative," and "disconnected" from previous meaning. I suggest that is a
false choice. Of course, the yahad is, to some extent, both an innovation
and a continuation. And, on the BH side, cf "innerbiblical commentary." I'm
with db (i.e., Daniel Boyarin, I assume) in seeing that the yahad, the
self-described doers of torah, sometimes saw themselves as Judah par
excellence.

best,
Stephen Goranson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For private reply, e-mail to Stephen Goranson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>