Say la 'open source developer'... big diff with 'non-open' one. Also why
put such a term 'developer', instead of 'leader'? Why aim low when  you
can aim much higher? <-- ok, ok lets stop bitching and continue the
picthing...

According to that man with the borrowed goat, it is:

1. S/he has to be an expert in a field that is niche.

2. S/he is known by a worldwide community as a top contributor.

3. S/he has global social engineering skills.

4. The contribution and expertise need not be purely technical. Let us
look at some examples:

a. Jimmy Wales, is not known as a wikimedia developer at all but famous
as the man who recognised the power of it to bring wikipedia to its
present unassailable form.

b. Linus Torvalds just started with a questionable kernel for the knack
of kicking a few professors' butts and took over the GehNuu domain and
mindshare by not giving a damn if the others can show a degree.

c. Richard Stallman, who coded a minimalist Emacs but is the
spokesperson for freedom in software.

In a way Dr. M is one such leader too. He recognises world class ideas
when he sees one.

But let's say you call the bluff of the goatman and say, "Ok, show me
how to produce more of such leaders?"

Well, in the http://red1.org/MSC8.pdf is one such scheme to nurture
more. From there you take a fairly good developer (in one case i dare
take Azrul or Boh or Raja Iskandar) and allow them to go wild on the
canvass. Key is (a) to maintain the spirit as open and not close
whenever they smell money. Otherwise you end up with another world class
kiasu bitch who just take in some millions and live it up in California
Bay. Come to think of it why not the goatman do that? Can replace the
goats with real bitchy babes.

Back to our 1Malaysia gang. You can see that Azrul/Boh/Raja has (b)
worldclass ideas. That is really crucial. Do they dare to dream up ideas
that  challenge the status quo? Or are they just lebih kurang 2 X 5 dan
jangan kacau jiran pulau sana?

C'mon, 'world class' is a big word. You do not mean 'middle class' do
you? Or 'lower class' or regional class? World means world lah. Kalahkan
semua yang ada kat dunia ini. Don't care if its German, Russian,
Chinese, Indian or Latino, you are one that the whole world look up to
and bitch against instead.

Now their ideas need (c) support if you want to be part of the building
process. Otherwise leave them be by luck they may become world level
like the goatman again. But then, you end up with more bitching ones who
either migrate or keep pitching non-stop.

Ideas are contagious. Don't ever introduce one if you want a un-eventful
life.

Actually the beauty of this idea is that you do not need millions of
bucks to pitch it. Just pay Azrul/Boh/Raja and goatman all in less than
RM50k per month and do not disturb them for a whole year. If they do not
launch something of world class every quarter, then i will permanently
stop bitching.

Game?