Problem asking for govt, too much power lay into their hand, and power
corrupt. Abuse more often than more happen, if you knows where.

another is, govt is hardly the most efficient govt, lack of transparency and
layers of bureaucracy will cause problem. it is slow and
without scrutiny will make thing worst.

people will do it for money, without with right attitude and thinking of it
as easy money. people will do it with the wrong reason, without the right
idea. Lack of funding help filter out these guys.

Remember cyberjaya, it is hardly silicon valley, and btw silicon valley is
not planned by govt..

And remember many technology and invention comes from individuals and small
group, air plane is not the result of multimillion dollar project, phone is
done by a few individuals. early rocketry is by small groups, in which the
group later join nazi germany

But, with govt intervening correctly, it will work out. The internet is
mostly from govt money, earliest computer is from air defense command, and
btw in which concept in modern day OS developed.
And many product is from research grants