hi,

most will know, I'm not a PHP user but a Python guy..

I think for their team to and make such a decision is not a trivial
one. They must have encountered issues that caused them to think that
way & make those decisions.

Also, I think, SAHANA is a very mission-critical system, and you are
usually implementing it under stressful conditions (there is a
disaster going on)!

Also its the type of app where you have to setup & config very
quickly, and needs to be stable. Who knows they may also need to make
modifications on the fly...

Comparing Facebook and SAHANA, is not comparing apples to apples, if
SAHANA fails, ppl may die... facebook? I that fails maybe there'll be
better productivity all round ;-) and the moral motivations are
entirely different, one grp is trying to help others, MZukerburg just
wants to control the world!

;-)

but its good PR for Python.

#-------